- We are in need of 2 people to represent SAQA at the Fiber Art Fiesta meetings. Thanks to Rod Daniel for doing this the last 2 years, but now he needs to bow out. If interested contact Gale or Lynn
- Kathryn Lazier in our representative to Fiber Arts Education committee. A spring show is planned for titled Earth Wind and Fiber. Look for exhibit info on the blog.
- Structural Diversity: Made in New Mexico ended its run at the Capitol Rotunda Gallery in Santa Fe in August. 20 pieces from the show will appear at IQF in Houston as a special exhibit.
- Natural Healing is coming back to NM the end of September after a great run, being shown at National Institutes of Health, University of Michigan and the University of Chicago.
- Life Along the Rio Grande: The entry form and instructions for this upcoming show will be sent in a separate group email in October. Detailed information on the call for entry can be found on the SAQA website here- http://www.saqa.com/calendar-
detail.php?ID=5480. Hope you are all working on entries as Vicki Conley has lined up some fabulous venues for it. The opening for this show will be in Las Cruces at the Branigan Art Center. That same night, also in Las Cruces, Seeds for SAQA will have its opening reception at the Farm and Ranch Museum. Sounds like a fun weekend to be down south.
- Under the Western Sun, a dual exhibit with SAQA Colorado/Ut/Wy, is on its way to a third venue in Utah after being on display at the Macey Center in Socorro. The beautiful catalog, by Shannon Conley, is available from Amazon here- https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=
nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias% 3Dstripbooks&field-keywords= under+the+western+sun+saqa
- Volunteer opportunity- we are in need of someone to cut 35 31 inch slats- we will provide you with the wood. contact Betty for more info- email@example.com
SAQA NM co-representative