Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Congratulations to our very own Betty Busby!
Betty is the winner of the third annual Yvonne Porcella Volunteer of the Year Awards! for Outstanding Non-Rep for her work as our Regional Exhibition Chair.
We are fortunate to have Betty working so hard for us.
Thank you Betty!
Posted by Schatzi at Wednesday, April 04, 2018
Sunday, March 25, 2018
UPDATE: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE VENDOR DATE FOR THE UNITARIAN SHOW IS JUNE 24TH NOT JUNE 23RD AS ORIGINALLY STATED IN THE MARCH 17, 2018 MEETING NOTES.
Here are highlights from the March 17, 2018 meeting in Albuquerque.
Thank you to Anita McSorley for taking notes while I was out of town. The thesis defense went well and we were glad we were able to attend.
- is the opening in Las Cruces for LARG and Seeds for SAQA
- Seeds for SAQA @ Farm & Ranch Museum opening from 3 – 5
- Life Along the Rio Grande @ Branigan Art Museum from 5 – 8
- Lunch at at La Posta in Old Mesilla. You should have let Vicki Conley know you were coming by now.
- If you have a piece in LARG, your technic sample page should have been turned in. If not, send it to Gale.
- LARG catalogs are available through Amazon.
- LARG will hang at the Unitarian church in Albuquerque .
- SAQA members may vend at this show on . You do not have to have a piece in LARG to be a vendor.
- To be a vendor a form from the church must be submitted. If you will have your LARG quilt hanging at the church, there is also an exhibitor form to fill out. You can DOWNLOAD the form here.
- At this time there seems to be some confusion as to the percentage of sales (quilts and/or vending) the church will take. Working on clarification.
Albuquerque Fiber Arts Fiesta
- Spring show, Earth, Wind and Fiber is at the ABQ Garden Center.
- Discussion re: nominations for Featured Artist, Fiber Arts Fiesta, 2019
- Pat Gould might be able to get a traveling SAQA show for the Fiesta.
- Gale has art quilt kits left from the Chinese exhibit at Folk Art Museum.
Capitol Rotunda Show
- No theme, size limitations or specific date yet.
- If you have ideas for a theme, please contact Gale or Lynn or Betty.
SAQA Benefit Auction
- Make a 12” square quilt to be donated to the auction. Details and forms can be found on the SAQA website.
- You must register online. Print out the form and attach it to your quilt.
- Early Bird Deadline is . Entering on-line with images gives you a better opportunity to be included in the advertising for this auction
- Otherwise, quilts can be turned in at the May meeting in Santa Fe. You must have paperwork that accompanies your quilt. Gale will collect all of these donation quilts and send them to SAQA.
Next meeting isin Santa Fe at the Vista Grande Public Library.
SAQA NM co-rep
SAQA NM co-rep
Posted by Schatzi at Sunday, March 25, 2018
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
The next New Mexico SAQA Regional meeting is at Hip Stitch Fabric Store in Albuquerque at
Hip Stitch is located near the intersection of Wyoming and Menaul NE – near Hoffmantown. There is parking at the store lot and also in the small strip mall across the street.
- Gale will have the remaining Houston quilts to return to people. If you won’t be at the meeting, please make arrangements for someone to pick up your quilt.
- Bring your sampler for the LARG exhibit in a clear sheet protector. If you would still like to join the group for lunch on in Las Cruces, let Vicki Conley know ASAP.
- You can turn in your pieces that have been accepted for Earth, Wind and Fiber at this meeting. Make sure you have a label on the back with your name, phone # and title of the piece. Put it in a clean pillow case with the same information on the outside of the pillow case.
- We will try something new this meeting: a free table. If you have any sewing/quilting related things that you no longer want or use and would like to pass them on, bring for the free table.
- Pat Gould still has stuff to sell and will be at the meeting with a flyer and directions to her house. She’d like people to come by after the meeting on the 17th.
Look at the SAQA New Mexico Blog (http://saqanm.blogspot.com/) for information and contact Schatzi Brimer with updates.
There are opportunities for show entry at: http://www.saqa.com/calendar.
Be sure to bring other show and tell items. And wear some green – it will be St. Patrick’s Day!
SAQA NM Regional Co-representative
Studio Art Quilt Associates
Studio Art Quilt Associates
Posted by Schatzi at Wednesday, March 07, 2018